The mission of Calgary Jewish Federation (CJF) is to act as the representative body of the Calgary Jewish community in building and sustaining a strong, secure and connected community rooted in Jewish values.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Community Relations and Communications will engage the Calgary Jewish Community, key stakeholders, media, and the general public by communicating the story of Jewish Calgary internally and externally.
The Director is responsible for:
- Working in coordination with the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs and internal Calgary Jewish Federation committees to promote issues of concern to the Jewish community;
- Building relationships with government, academia, police services, interfaith and other cultural groups,
- Serving as the primary contact for crisis management, issues of antisemitism in Calgary and beyond, concerns by community members about discrimination/security, and additional risk management.
- Developing and implementing communications strategy to promote all Federation programs and services through the use of appropriate communications tools and channels, including print and social media;
- Creating, writing, editing and coordinating newsletters, brochures, news articles, news releases, social media content, video scripts or story boards, web content and activities.
Education: Post-secondary degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, political studies, or human rights or equivalent.
Experience: All applicants must possess a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in public relations, media and communications, advocacy, public policy, and/or community relations.
- Demonstrated organizational ability;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a team;
- Ability to deal effectively with the public;
- A deep understanding of issues that impact the Jewish community, Jewish history, culture and traditions;
- Able to synthesize complex messages into an information product;
- Proficient computer skills;
- Demonstrated creativity and ability to “think outside the box”;
- Knowledge of social media and communications programs;
- Have a sense of commitment to time lines and accuracy; ability to work to deadline;
- Hebrew language an asset.
- This position requires the ability to work extended hours and use of a personal vehicle.
Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered. Please send detailed cover letter and resume to: Adam Silver
, BEFORE JUNE 15, 2018.