PJ Library® and Family Engagement Coordinator
PJ Library and Family Engagement Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing a monthly calendar of PJ offerings for new and existing PJ families, both solo and in collaboration with community partners.
- Active outreach and engagement with innovative, age appropriate tween programs.
- Connect with families who have welcomed a new baby, provide them with Shalom Baby gift bags, register for PJ Library, and host regular baby group.
- Facilitate bi-weekly Tot Shabbat using a hybrid model of virtual and in person.
- Manage database/registration/subscription system including address changes, returned mail and approval/denial of new enrollments, reporting, attend virtual meet ups and online webinars.
- Manage Harold Grinspoon Foundation invoices.
- Create and distribute monthly newsletter and develop other promotional materials.
- Regular contact with PJ families to connect them with community programming.
- Facebook page maintenance and engagement.
- Contribute to the Federation/JCC Engagement Team as a whole, and partner/collaborate with other programmers and community agencies.
- Intimate understanding of the needs of Calgary’s young Jewish families.
- Experience in thematic programming.
- Fundraising and stewardship experience (preferred).
- Warm and welcoming demeanor, positive attitude.
- Extensive knowledge of Jewish holidays and traditions, including kashrut and general theology.
- Experience working with preschool and elementary aged children.
- Pluralistic approach to Jewish engagement.
- Open to working Sundays and evenings, episodically.
Please email a detailed cover letter and resume in confidence to Danielle Braitman by February 4, 2022.